1.1 Watch the video and answer the questions.
1. Do you like watching cartoons?
2. What are the most popular cartoons in your country?
3. Do you know any cartoon channels?
4. What are your favourite cartoons?
1.2 Match the cartoons to the famous animation studios.
1.1 Read the situation.
I’m Nick, a director of one of the most famous animation studios.
I’m glad to announce the launch of our big contest.
Try to create your own cartoon and win the prize!
My friends from a film academy will help you with this task.
Really waiting for your letter.
- Do you know anything about cartoon-making?
- Do you want to take part in this competition?
2.1 Read the questions and make guesses.
1. What cartoons do you think the young people like?
Tom (the USA)
2.2 What is the most popular cartoon in their countries?
1.1 Match the genres with the cartoon numbers.
2.1 Watch the video and mark the sentences as True / False.
Nowadays, each little detail is important. In several countries, some famous scenes from different animated films look quite different from the way they look in other countries. First of all, it is because of cultural differenсes. For example, cartoon «Zootopia». The news anchor was remodeled for different countries too. North America, France, and Canada had a moose; Japan had a tanuki (Japanese raccoon dog); Australia and New Zealand had a koala; China had a panda; the UK had a corgi; Brazil boasted a spotted jaguar.
Once upon a time…
1.1 Put the sentences in the correct order to make a story.
- The guy cried out: «Oh, no!!!»
- Once upon a time, an ocean cruise crashed.
- He was alone for more than a week.
- It was a letter from a Mexican restaurant, which said: «Free tacos».
- But then he noticed the small print «Today only».
- So, the guy got stuck on a desert island.
- One day he found a message in a bottle.
- He was really happy.
Storytelling is very popular in Japan. Rakugo is comedic storytelling. A storyteller sits on a stage and without standing up depicts a story.
1.1 Read the instruction.
1. Click on the link in the task 1.2 and do the quiz.
Перейди по ссылке во втором задании и выполни тест.
2. Click on the result and copy the text (ctrl+C).
Выдели и скопируй текст результата (ctrl+C).
3. Click on a «plus» button above the text.
Нажми на «плюс» над результатом.
4. Choose the option «Share Vk».
Выбери опцию «Поделиться Vk».
5. Paste (ctrl+V) the text of your result in the comment section.
Вставь текст своего результата в комментарий.
1.2 Quiz: Which cartoon character are you?
1.1 Complete the sentences about yourself.
- My favourite genre is …
- A lot of my friends are mad about … cartoon, but I … .
- I really enjoy watching … channel.
- My favourite character is …
1.2 Complete the gaps and talk about your cartoon.
1. Choose the genre: _____.
2. Choose the characters: _____.
3. Choose the place: _____.
4. What does your character do at the beginning? _____.
5. What happens then? _____.
6. Describe the feelings of the character: _____.
7. What is the end of the story? _____.
2.1 Watch the video and have a minute of relaxing.
The final step of creating cartoons is sound effects. It’s one of the most interesting parts.