How are things at school?
Say who of these famous people you would invite to your school
Lana Del Rey
Joanne K. Rowling
1. In what way can these people be examples?
2. What lesson would you like them to teach?
3. What would you like them to tell you?
4. Who else would you like to invite and why?
What is a role model?
Watch the video, then match the words and definitions
Tick and discuss with your teacher
A role model is someone who is…
It’s not important to be… for a role model.
Who is your role model?
Watch a video and match what people say about their role models
Talk about your role models
1. Where did you meet the person or how did you learn about the person?
2. What are the most outstanding things the person has done?
3. What are some other interesting facts about the person’s life?
4. In what way would you like to be similar to a person?
|My role model is…
This person has done/tried/showed/…
He’s taught me that…
I’ve learnt from this person…
|not to give up
to work hard
to be realistic
to care about people
not to be afraid to be different
Organising a school visit
Mark is preparing for a visit by Michael Jordan to his school. Complete the email
Mary is organising a visit of Keira Knightley to her school. Make sentences
⇒ She’s already booked the assembly hall.
|book the assembly hall||+|
|set up the microphone||+|
|call the local newspaper||+|
|invite the photographer||—|
|book a restaurant||—|
Watch and discuss
Jane Goodall is a British primatologist and UN Messenger of Peace. She is the world’s foremost expert on chimpanzees. Goodall has studied chimpanzees over 55 years, since she first went to Gombe Stream National Park, Tanzania in 1960. She is the founder of the Jane Goodall Institute and she has worked on environment protection and animal welfare questions.
1. What do you think of Jane Goodall’s personality?
2. Can she inspire people by her work and achievements?
3. Is it important to have a dream?
4. What things are important to achieve the dream?
Now you can
Now you can:
1. Talk about role models.
2. Ask questions to interview people about their life and achievements.
|1. attribute||6. self-confident||11. talented|
|2. personality||7. famous||12. kind|
|3. handsome||8. rich||13. generous|
|4. outstanding||9. glamorous||14. responsible|
|5. determined||10. beautiful||15. ambitious|
- to be at the top
- to be the best at
- socially active