How are things at school?
Match the words and the pictures
What happened next?
Choose a variant and continue the story
After James heard the scream, he decided to get inside the house. He climbed over the fence and went to the…
|see nothing |
What did he see in the house?
|When he entered the house he saw||When he entered the house he saw|
While James was examining the house, somebody opened the front door and came in. It was…
|a tall man||a woman in dark clothes|
What happened in the end of the story?
|The ghost was real||The ghost was unreal|
|run away |
The Canterville Ghost
See what happens next and answer the questions
«The Canterville Ghost»
Mr Otis, the buyer of the house, arrives at his new home together with his family and takes a look around.
1. Did the family like the castle?
2. What did the family find in the living room?
3. What is the story behind the bloodstain? Why cannot it be removed?
4. Did Mr. Otis believe, that there was a ghost in the castle?
5. Do you think that the castle was haunted?
Now you can
Now you can
1. Make up horror stories.
2. Listen and understand stories.
3. Use Past Simple and Past Continuous for narration.
|1. nightmare||6. midnight||11. blood|
|2. skeleton||7. scared||12. murder|
|3. haunted house||8. frightened||13. spirit|
|4. ghost||9. castle||14. destiny|
|5. shadow||10. prophecy|