How are things at school?
Match the words with the pictures
Finish the sentences using the words from exercise 1
Man vs. wild
Read the text and answer the questions
Bear Grylls is a man who likes adventure! In his programme «Man vs. Wild» a helicopter drops him into the areas which are miles away from other people. He has been to the rainforest in Brazil, to frozen mountains and to the desert in Africa. His adventures are more difficult than usual, because he has only the clothes he’s wearing and has to use his skills to survive.
He goes to places that are much hotter or much colder than anywhere on Earth! Bear himself says that extreme cold is worse than extreme heat, but he thinks it is less dangerous in cold places. He says, «Crocodiles and snakes don’t live in cold places!»
1. Which places does Bear visit in his programme?
2. Which places has he been to?
3. Why are his adventures more difficult than usual?
4. Why are the cold places less dangerous?
Watch the video and discuss the questions. Use the words below
different, difficult, exciting, frightening, fun, great, impossible, lonely, dangerous
1. Would you like to travel with Bear Grylls?
2. Why / why not?
3. Where would you like to travel to?
Making the superlatives
Read the example sentences, then find the rule they illustrate
1. Tiger is the biggest animal in cat family.
2. Dolphins are one of the most intelligent animals.
3. Lions are one of the scariest animals on Earth.
4. These animals are the least dangerous.
Complete the sentences
The Arctic adventure
Read the advertisement, then complete the letter
Talk about the trip or holiday that you remember
- The best / worst thing was…
- The funniest thing was…
- The scariest thing was…
- … was the most interesting / boring thing.
Going on adventure
Choose an adventure and convince your teacher to go with you
Use the patterns:
- … is better, because…
- … is worse, because…
- … is more / less…
- The best thing will be…
- The most interesting thing will be…
Now you can
Now you can:
1. use the comparative and superlative forms of adjectives;
2. talk about the nature and animals.
Places on Earth
|1. desert||3. jungle||5. field||7. waterfall|
|2. rainforest||4. mountain||6. ocean|
|1. kangaroo||3. penguin||5. polar bear||7. snake||9. shark|
|2. ostrich||4. parrot||6. peacock||8. flamingo||10. dolphin|
|1. incredible||3. frightening||5. huge|
|2. amazing||4. scary||6. intelligent|