To answer the question «What’s the time?» or «What time is it?»
— What’s the time?
— It’s 3 p.m.
To answer the question «When?» or «What time?»
— When/What time does he come home?
— He comes home at 6.35.
He gets up in 7 a.m.
✓ He gets up at 7 a.m.
What’s the time? Match the times with the clocks.
Look at the pictures of the clock. What time is it?
Listen to Vicky’s morning. Write the seven times you hear.
Match the phrases and pictures
Look at Vicky’s typical morning
Look at the times. Describe Vicky’s morning.
Example: She wakes up at 7.00
Look at the pictures. Read the information. Who are these people?
Professor Parker, a stress expert from the University of London, looks at two people’s typical day and tries to help…
Louisa is a single mother. Louisa works as a guide at the National Gallery in London and lives with her son George, aged 9.
Simon works for a computer company. He lives in Brighton but he works in London.
Listen and read. How stressed is Louisa?
6.30 I get up and I make George’s sandwiches. Then I do some housework. Then I wake up George and make his breakfast. I’m always in a hurry and I don’t have time for breakfast at home.
8.00 We cycle to school because the bus is expensive. Then I cycle six miles to work.
9.00 I have a sandwich for breakfast in the canteen, and then I start work. My first tour is usually at 9.30. I like my job but I don’t earn much money and I stand all day.
5.00 I finish work and I go to pick up George at 5.30. We go shopping.
6.30 I cook dinner and help George with his homework. After dinner I do more housework or answer e-mails until 9.00. I don’t go out in the evening because a babysitter is very expensive.
9.00 George goes to bed and I read him a story. Then I go to bed — I’m really tired!
Listen to the text again. Answer the questions. Use full sentences
1. What time does Louisa get up?
2. Does Louisa have breakfast at home? Why (not)?
3. How does she get to work?
4. Why does she cycle to work?
5. What does she have for breakfast?
6. What time does she finish work?
7. Does she go out in the evening? Why (not)?
8. What time does she cook dinner?
9. What does she do after dinner?
10. What time does George go to bed?
11. What does she read before going to bed?
12. Why is she very tired at the end of the day?
13. What do you recommend Louisa?
San Francisco’s freeways
Recalibrate your expectations