Choose and say the correct number
- Commas (,) are used to separate off the thousands and millions in large numbers:
- We do not usually put commas in four-figure numbers:
3164 or (less frequently — 3,164)
- All numbers from twenty-one to ninety-nine should be written with a hyphen (-):
- Numbers such as 100, 200, 1,000, etc. do not take a plural -s when we use them as determiners:
There were about two hundred people at the meeting.
- Remember how to read decimals: 0.754 = nought point seven five four (BrE); zero point seven five four (AmE); point seven five four (BrE / AmE).
1.035 = one point nought three five (BrE).
- Be careful when saying fractions: ⅖ = two fifths; ½ = a half; ¼ = a quarter.
- twenty-three dollars ninety-nine
- twenty-three point nine nine dollars
Choose the answer and click on it. Only one answer can be correct
Write the numbers in words
Example: €7 — seven euros
Read the task and prepare your 2-minute speech on the topic «Money matters»
Cover the points:
1. What do you think the quickest legal way of making a lot of money is?
2. Is it a good idea to give money to charities?
3. What is your opinion of «plastic» money?
4. Is it worth taking out a mortgage nowadays?
5. Have you ever wasted a lot of money?
Allow your browser access to micriphone, press the button «Record» and record the speech you have prepared
Which of these sentences best describes your attitude to money?
1. All I want is enough money to enjoy life.
2. Money is very important to me. I’d like to earn as much as possible.
3. I would be happy to live with less money and fewer possessions.
Choose one sentence and explain in writing why it describes your attitude to money. Use some words from the list.
1. Read the topic and the questions carefully.
2. Plan what you are going to write about.
3. Write the text according to your plan.
4. Check your writing before sending it for evaluation.
5. Learn the rules and see the sample here.
6. Please use Grammarly to avoid spelling and some grammar mistakes.
You need them both