Take turns to repeat what happened yesterday, and add something new, including a verb
Student A | Student B
S: Yesterday I found a €10 note in my pocket.
S: Yesterday I found a €10 note in my pocket and I bought a sandwich.
S: Yesterday I found a € 10 note in my pocket and I bought a sandwich. I ate it.
Read the article and choose the correct answer
My holiday disaster
Although I work in the centre of London now, I like going to the mountains when I can. Last winter I decided to spend a week in Scotland. I wanted to go skiing and walking in the mountains. I looked on the internet and booked a cottage (a small house) for a week. One Friday night last November, I packed my bags, went to Heathrow airport, and waited to get on a plane to Inverness.
Then the problems started. The plane didn’t leave that night. There was a lot of snow in Scotland and they closed Inverness airport. So I spent the night in Heathrow. I drank a lot of tea and read a lot of newspapers. I tried to sleep but I wasn’t comfortable. Next morning, Inverness airport opened again, and we arrived in Scotland. But my bags weren’t there.
I hired a car and drove to the cottage. It was a twenty-minute drive from the airport. When I arrived, there was a family with two little children in the cottage! They booked on the internet, too — for the same week. The family was very kind. They said I could sleep in the lounge, and they cooked dinner for me.
Next day, I got my bags from the airport and decided to go skiing. But the mountain road was closed because of the snow. I didn’t ski and I didn’t go walking in the mountains. I spent the week in the cottage waiting to go home — it wasn’t my favourite holiday!
Example: The writer works in a bank. (True/False/Doesn’t say)
Read the task and prepare your 2-minute speech on the topic «Holidays»
Cover the points:
1. What holiday destination is popular with the people of your country?
2. What problems can people have on holiday (at the airport, in a hotel, in a restaurant, etc.)
3. Tell about your last holiday.
4. Do you always read a weather forecast when you go on holiday? What is the weather like today?
5. Where are you going to spend your next holiday?
Allow your browser access to your microphone, press the button «Record» and record the speech you have prepared.
Watch the video and choose who says the following
You are going to watch an episode from the movie ‘About time’ about Tim who had an ability to travel through time.
Tim | Charlotte
Watch the episode again and mark the sentences True or False
Think about a holiday with your friends or family which didn’t live up to your expectations. Why didn’t you enjoy it? Did anything go wrong?
Answer the following questions using the Past Simple:
- Where did you go?
- Who did you go with?
- Where did you stay?
- What went not as you had planned?
- What was the weather like?
- What activities didn’t you manage to do?
Write about a holiday with your friends or family which you didn’t really enjoy. Use the Past Simple and words from the list
1. Read the topic and the questions carefully.
2. Plan what you are going to write about.
3. Write the text according to your plan.
4. Check your writing before sending it for evaluation.
5. Learn the rules and see the sample here.
6. Please use Grammarly to avoid spelling and some grammar mistakes.