Read the advert and do the task below. Check what the highlighted words mean with your dictionary.
Castle Inn San Francisco CA
SFO airport 12.6 miles/20.3 km
«The best-kept secret in San Francisco»
Our facilities and services:
- air-conditioning + heating in all guest rooms
- en-suite power shower
- in-room internet access
- safe deposit box
- complimentary morning coffee
- non-smoking rooms available
- free covered parking
Located in the heart of San Francisco, the Castle Inn is in easy walking distance of Fisherman’s Wharf, Chinatown, and line restaurants and shops. The Castle Inn offers great service, great comfort, and great value.
We know San Francisco is a wonderful city with an enormous number of tourist attractions and, for that reason, the staff are available from morning to night to answer any questions you have. We look forward to being a part of your San Francisco experience. The Castle Inn is an approved member of the San Francisco Convention and Visitor’s Bureau.
Mark the sentences True, False, or Doesn’t say
Example: (True/False) The Castle Inn is in the centre of San Francisco.
Imagine that you are writing an e-mail to your friend describing your last journey: you had numerous problems in the hotel, which totally ruined your holiday.
Mention the following:
- describe the hotel;
- whether the hotel lived up to your expectations or not;
- the problems you had;
- how you tried to solve them.
Don’t forget to greet your friend at the beginning of the e-mail and to say «bye» at the end.
Write an e-mail to your friend about hotel problems you had. Use words from the list
Useful phrases for writing e-mails:
- Dear (name),
- I hope you’re well.
- Please send me …
- but/ however/ on the other hand/ yet
- moreover/ furthermore/ in addition
- then/ after that
- Your last letter was a real surprise
- It was great to hear from you!
- It was great to hear that …
- I was happy to hear …
- Send my regards to …
- Love, (name)
- Best wishes
- look forward to
- hope to hear from you soon
- Write (back) soon!
- Take care and keep in touch!
- Drop me a letter when you can.
- Yours faithfully,
- Yours sincerely,
1. Read the topic and the questions carefully.
2. Plan what you are going to write about.
3. Write the text according to your plan.
4. Check your writing before sending it for evaluation.
5. Learn the rules and see the sample here.
6. Please use Grammarly to avoid spelling and some grammar mistakes.